Poll Official Information
The Newton County Board of Elections is always seeking citizens to serve as Poll Officials on Election Day. Serving as a Poll Official is a tremendous opportunity to put your patriotism into action. It is also a great way to serve your community in an important position of trust.
- Must attend a mandatory training session and be willing to abide by and carry out all election laws and procedures at the polling place
- Must be 16 years of age or older
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language
- Must be able to work a minimum of 16+ hours (5:30am - until Election day is complete)
- Must be a judicious, intelligent, and upright citizen of the United States
- Must not be a candidate or related to any candidate on the ballot
- Must have Customer Service skills
- Will be assigned to precinct locations
- Seasonal / Temp county employee required to provide a valid Passport , or valid DL original SS card to complete paperwork , and an actual voided check or deposit required for paperwork completion. ( No exceptions)
- ( Contact your banking institution to provide you a copy of verification of banking information if you do not use checks)
- Some computer knowledge
- Poll Worker Clerk compensation is $135 ( required to complete training and election day assignment) Payments will be made after election cycle is completed. The compensation is in inclusive of required training and election day . ( Office is update is compensation changes)
- No Volunteer positions allowed - Poll workers are hired as location have vacancies.
Poll Workers interested outside of the county: O.C.G.A 21-2-92 - ( Waiver form will be required to be completed for approval between the adjacent Counties)
Poll Officials Responsibilities
Poll Officials are responsible for opening and closing polling locations, providing voters with proper instructions to cast their ballot, and ensuring all Election Laws are followed. Poll Officials provide a beneficial service to the citizens of Newton County.
If you are interested in serving as a Poll Official, to access the Poll Official form type in the above search bar. You must complete the form in it's entirety and submit to our office. Once the completed form is returned, your name will be added to the list of Potential Poll Officials. The office Staff will contact you when an available assignment is identified and training is scheduled. Please be patient . Your interest as a poll worker is much appreciated. Our office staff works hard to assign interested persons to a precinct location close to your residence.
Thanks again for your interest! Poll Workers Online Application : Click Here