The purpose of this scholarship is to financially assist students pursuing an undergraduate degree at an accredited college or technical school. Two awards of $1,000 each will be made annually. Awards can cover fall, spring, or summer semester expenses. This scholarship will not fund a course of study pursued through an exclusively online degree program.
- Graduating senior from high school(s) in the Newton County School System, Covington, Georgia
- Good academic standing
- Accepted enrollment in an accredited college, university or technical school
- Demonstrated financial need
- Potential to succeed
- Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate financial need and are not receiving other scholarships (exception: Georgia’s HOPE Scholarship).
- Academic achievement and participation in extra-curricular activities, including community service, will also be considered.
- Additional consideration will be given to students pursuing a course of study in the fields of education, recreation, or health service.
Application deadline: February 1, of the year of graduation.
Please contact your school counselor to obtain an application (PDF). All applications should be complete and include the following:
- Resume (Future Goals, Academic/Athletic/Club/Community Service)
- Essay (the Effect of Scholarship on Future Plans)
- College Acceptance Letter or Letter from Counselor
- High School Transcript
- Letters of Recommendation (3)
You may mail your completed application to:
BC Crowell Scholarship Fund
C/O Newton County Parks & Rec.
6185 Turner Lake Road, NW
Covington, GA 30014
Attention: Kale Curtis
Or you can drop it off at our office at the address above; Attention Kale Curtis.